IBRA News 03.05.2023 – The Michel special catalogue “German Colonies” 2023 will be published for IBRA 2023.
(hk/pcp) The Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Sammler Deutscher Kolonialpostwertzeichen e.V. (Working Group of Collectors of German Colonial Postage Stamps) will publish a second edition of the Michel special catalogue “German Colonies” in cooperation with Schwaneberger Verlag GmbH after eight years, just in time for IBRA in Essen.
This catalogue consists of the German foreign post offices and colonies section from the Germany Special Catalogue 2023 published in May, the cataloguing of these areas from the postal stationery catalogue Germany, the colonial section of the Michel Coin Catalogue as well as the entire occupation issues from the respective current overseas catalogues. For the first time, the cataloguing of the fiscal stamps of German East Africa and German Southwest Africa will be included. This was done by Harald Krieg and describes for the first time all known fiscal stamps and their variants.
In detail, the following areas are included:
– German foreign post offices and colonies from Germany Special 2023
– Ship’s Mail from Germany Special 2023
– Fiscal Stamps of the German Colonies (by Harald Krieg) 2023
– Postal stationery German foreign post offices and colonies
– Coins German Colonies
– Northwest Pacific Islands (N.W. Pacific Islands)
– Nyasaland Field Force
– G. E. A. overprints
– Belgian Occupation of German East Africa
– South African Occupation of German South West Africa
– French Occupation of Cameroon
– British Occupation of Cameroon
– Japanese Occupation of the Marshall Islands
– Australian occupation of Nauru
– New Zealand Occupation of Samoa
– French Occupation of Togo
– British occupation of Togo
This catalogue thus completely summarises the territory of the German colonies on approx. 180 pages.
This catalogue is available exclusively from the Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Sammler Deutscher Kolonialpostwertzeichen e.V. (Working Group of Collectors of German Colonial Postage Stamps). Sales will start at the ArGe stand in Essen, advance orders will be delivered after Whitsun.
Due to the sponsoring of advertisements in the catalogue by several auction companies, all of which are members of the ArGe, the sales price of 29 euros can be kept constant as in 2015. For members the catalogue will be available at a special price of € 25,- plus shipping costs if applicable.
Please send orders to the Managing Director of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Sammler Deutscher Kolonialpostwertzeichen e.V., Tilmann Nössig, Koppenstr. 16, 10243 Berlin, Geschaeftsfuehrer[at]kolonialmarken.de